Monday, January 12, 2009

660 Old Folks Happy Hours At MB's Residence...



Kuantan MCA had in a period of two weeks registered 660 Kuantan Warga Emas to have a meal and receive ang pow and hampers in conjuntion of the coming Chinese New Year. This is our annual event but in the past we had organised the event at the road-side of Wisma MCA Jln Bt.Ubi. I noticed the participants were annoyed,impatient, restless and agitated. Can't blame them as some of them were sick and the roadside was definitely far from comfortable.

This year we have decided to bring our Warga Emas to MB's residence and provide them with meals and first class hospitality. The folks were extremely happy and appreciative. One of them came to me with happiness and elations all over his face. He said this is the first time in his lifetime, he had stepped into MB's official residence. All this while he only passed by. During Raya Open House, most people brought their kids but not their parents. Another aged 80+ came to me and proudly declared that he has been a Life Member of MCA and had wanted to see me and encouraged me on my work all this while. He told me not to be disheartened..I was indeed touched by his sincerity....So...on this occasion, they were our VIP guest in conjunction with the coming Chinese New Year and the SPIRIT of RESPECT FOR THE ELDERS LIVES ON..THIS SPIRIT NEED TO BE INCULCATED AND REPEATEDLY REMINDED....

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO YANG AMAT BERHURMAT DATO SERI ADNAN YAACOB FOR HIS KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY. INDEED WE HAD MADE THEIR DAY....

No comments: